You and I will need:A note book (at list 30 pages)
A large coin or a lid
- Go outside with your child observe the sky. try and be consistent ,more or less, with the time you make your observation.
- Find the moon
- Trace a coin at the corner of the page
- Fill in the shape of the moon as you see it, you may also leave the moon white and shade around it.
- Record the time and date, weather conditions maybe even its location in the sky. If the sky is cloudy and the moon is not visible make a note of that too.
- Try and make as many observations over a month as you can.
If you draw the moon on the same corner of every page you may turn the journal into a flip book.
If your child wants to learn more:
Model the phases of the moon
The surface of the moon - crater blasting (last paragraph of the article)
I hope we are all going to be looking at the moon together this month.